Monday, May 26, 2025

Birthday Fun!

 Bug's birthday was a little different this year. It was on a Sunday and her Senior trip was Friday through Monday but they were only about two hours away so she took her own car and on Sunday we met up with her at a bowling alley. 

We picked up F on the way and his parents and brother met us there.

 
We got two lanes and split into groups of serious bowlers and those just having fun, haha.

 
It was all the men and K and then the rest of us. :)

 
We had bumpers, thankfully, and used them quite frequently, haha. Lou also used the bowling helper most of the time.

 
And got so excited when she got more than a few pins down!
 
 
We had a great time!

 
After bowling we drove to a nearby Crackle Barrel and had dinner, and then after dinner we went outside and let her open her presents. First we had to sing happy birthday to her. :)

 
Peanut and I had spent hours the day before attempting to make macaroons...it didn't exactly work...the dough part failed, but we used most of the frosting to make what was basically meringue cookies and then put the rest of the frosting and fresh raspberries in between them. It was an attempt to recreate the raspberry macaroons from Disneyland that Bug loved so much. :)

 
Bug got lots of great presents! Peanut got her earrings from an anime show she and F are into.

 
The other girls got her clothes, and more jewelry.

 
She also got some jewelry from aunts and uncles.

 
There was quite a bit of chaos with the other girls running around and rocking in the restaurant chairs. 

 
Never a dull moment with these turkeys!
 
 
Bug got lots of birthday money too! I think she will put it towards a new phone. Hers has been dying really quickly, but they won't let us replace the battery because it is not under "80% of it's life". It was a refurbished phone that we bought her two years ago, and is many models back so I guess it's just getting old. Lou got her some athletic shorts she'd asked for.

 
I didn't think her "big present" from us was very exciting, but I guess I was wrong! She was VERY excited! 
 
 
They are expensive shoes that I guess all the nurses wear. They are supposed to be very comfortable and good for long shifts. I told her it was a very adult present and she came right back with, "And a good box! I think I should keep this box!" Haha.

 
What a wonderful day celebrating our Buggy Bear! I still can't believe she's an adult!


No comments:

Post a Comment