Tuesday, November 26, 2024

Volleyball Awards

 The girls had their volleyball awards and parent/player game the Monday after their tournament. They had a wonderful season this year! It was so fun to watch the great growth! Boo went first with the JV. She got awards for being the MVP and the Captain of the JV! Good job Boo!

 
She also got to join Bug for the varsity awards. They both got academic achievement awards for good grades and they both lettered! Their school hasn't done the lettering program in many years but they have decided to bring it back. Boo is hoping to get a letterman's jacket. 
 
Bug was one of the Captains of the varsity team and her award was the "Holy-Block-A-Mole" with a cute avocado on it. She was a great blocker this year! Boo got an award as a "Utility" player. Since she was brought up from JV she had to fill in for multiple players. The girls were telling me that each player has to know 12 different rotations for their position so since Boo would fill in for three different players she had to know 36 different rotations! Impressive!

 
These girls worked hard this season and we are so proud of them!!

 
After the awards we did some drills with the girls and played some games. This one was called Titanic. Whoever missed the ball got "sunk" and had to get out. I made myself play this year and it actually wasn't too bad, haha. I didn't excel but I didn't embarrass myself either. Lol. I have never been a huge volleyball fan, but I wanted to play for the girls. 

 
T of course is great at anything sports related. 

 
The girls must take after him. 


 
We also played a rotating game called King of the Court. It was pretty fun! 

 
It was a great end to a wonderful season! 

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Bug and Boo! Impressive achievements! Wish I was closer to see you play! Karen

    ReplyDelete