Thursday, November 28, 2024

Leftover Thursday

 We had a great garden this year! We got sixteen little pumpkins! I spent a couple of days cooking them up and then freezing them to put into pancakes and waffles all winter!

 
We FINALLY got a good carrot crop! We have never had much success with carrots but Noni helped us by giving us this stuff to put in the soil. I can't remember what it's called now but it helps the soil be lighter so the carrots don't have to fight so hard to grow. It definitely worked!


 
Some as big as your head! 

 
We also got our usual truckload of tomatoes. Haha. I've spent weeks putting up half a freezer full of spaghetti and pizza sauce. I also gave a bunch away and we still have quite a few sitting on our counter. We also got lots of potatoes, zucchini, summer squash, and one butternut squash. The only thing that didn't work well was our corn. We have a plan for next year so hopefully it will work out better! We will be enjoying the fruits of our labor for the next few months!


1 comment:

  1. Wow, I don't think I've ever seen such a big carrot! Nice! Karen

    ReplyDelete