Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Fifteen!!!

 I truly can't believe that our Buggy girl is already 15! This last year has gone faster than ever. Our little girl has turned into a young woman right before our eyes. She is so grown up and beautiful and it amazes me every day how much she has changed. 


This year has been very different since she attended traditional school for the first time. She has done amazingly well. She fit in right away and had zero problems making the switch. I anticipated more of a transition but she did beautifully and is loved by teachers and students alike at school. She got straight A's first semester and was honor roll. She often plays either the piano or the Cajon (drum box) for the school chapel service, and sometimes sings. 

We were very proud of her for going out for Volleyball this year! It is not easy trying a new sport...in a new school, but she did beautifully and improved a lot over the season. She is also part of both the high school choir and the elite choir and they have done several special numbers over the year. We are really looking forward to the big school play next week where she will be singing and acting in the roll of Wilhelmina! 

Church has kept her busy as well this year. She volunteered all year in the Cubbie class at AWANA and does so well with all the little ones. She has also been very involved in her Youth Leadership group which involves weekly meetings, quarterly youth retreats, taking notes during sermons, keeping a daily Bible reading log, and the Spring Break mission trip. She also attends youth group weekly. 

 After a year and half off due to Covid we were happy to get back to dance! It has been so fun watching our beautiful girls dance again. It was also fun to see her and Boo perform in their first dance competition a few months ago! They both did a wonderful job!

Piano is another one of her activities. Noni has been teaching her how to chord this year which is how she's been able to play for school chapel, and she's doing an amazing job and learning quickly! She has also officially joined the church worship team and sings almost every week. She is very gifted musically and it is so fun to see her using that gifting for God.

All these activities keep her so busy it seems like we rarely get to see her, but we are so proud of her and how well she keeps on top of these responsibilities as well as putting her faith in the forefront of her priorities! 

Here is her birthday interview:

1. Favorite color: black
2. Favorite toy: Nerf guns
3. Favorite fruit: Apples
4. Favorite TV show: Studio C
5. Favorite lunch: sandwiches
6. Favorite outfit: jeans and a t-shirt
7. Favorite game: I don't know
8. Favorite snack: chips
9. Favorite animal: I don't know
10. Favorite song: Promises
11. Favorite book: Mapmaker Chronicles
12. Your best friend: Jesus
13. Favorite Cereal: Capn' Chrunch
14. Favorite thing to do outside: Swing
15. Favorite drink: Sprite
16. Favorite holiday: Christmas
17. Favorite breakfast: pancake cereal
18. What do you like to take to bed: blankets
19. What do you want to be when you grow up: I have no idea
20. What do you want for your birthday dinner? fudge...hamburgers
 

Dear Buggy,
 
Happy Birthday my beautiful girl! You are so amazing! It has been so fun watching you grow and change over the past year. You are so funny and make everyone smile with your jokes and quick wit. We love hanging out with you and look forward to the rare nights when we have you home.
 
You have surprised me on countless occasions this year. I have to admit I was a little nervous about you starting a traditional school after being homeschooled your whole life but you have knocked it out of the park! You fit right in and made friends with teachers and kids alike from day one. The teachers love you and have nothing but wonderful things to say about how responsible and smart you are. 
 
We are proud of you for doing such an amazing job with your schoolwork, but we are even more proud of the kindness and maturity we see from you...the stories we hear about how you go out of your way to include new kids and make everyone feel welcome...the way you play cards and talk with the younger kids in carpool...the way you use your talents to serve God both at school and at church. You have grown into a beautiful young woman inside and out and we are so incredibly proud of you!

I am looking forward to next year and watching you shine in all your different circles! You are full of life and joy and still have that zest for all things fun! I have watched you be incredibly brave in several situations this year and do hard things even when it wasn't fun or comfortable. You inspire me to have courage and step out of my own comfort zone. 

I love you sweet girl. More than you could ever know. And as proud as I am of you I hope that you remember that no matter what you do I will never love you any less because of course you will make mistakes in your life...everyone does, but I know that no matter what comes your way you will end up okay because you have Jesus in  your heart and are working hard to stick close to Him. Happy 15th birthday. I love you.

Love, Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment