Man we just can't seem to catch a break health-wise. Since my surgery in early January we have only had a couple days where everyone was healthy. Because of all the recovering we went to church two times in two full months. :( I am so ready for Spring and better health!
After we were finally done with all the Covid weeks we were healthy for a couple days until Peanut came home from dance and said she hurt her back. She moaned and complained all week about it...we did ice/heat/rest/massage/ibuprofen and it just seemed to be getting worse. Three days later she seemed to be coming down with a fever about the same time that Bug's school called and told me she was sick and I needed to come pick her up. She had a fever as well so I thought the two of them had caught a bug somewhere.
Thank God (literally) that T swung by and talked to her doctor about it and he said it would be a good idea to do a urine test. She ended up with a terrible kidney infection! If we hadn't caught it she would have ended up in the hospital. We did end up taking her in to the doctor a few days later to get some more tests and blood work done because she was doing so poorly...she refused to eat and her neck started hurting. Thankfully she was drinking lots of water. She was still having a fever on day 5 of the antibiotics before she finally started improving.
The cold Bug brought home was a nasty one, but she and Boo were the only ones who came down with it. They were bed ridden (or I should say couch-ridden) for five days straight. Zero energy, high fevers, and bad congestion. They went through two full boxes of tissues. Thankfully they were negative for Covid, but it was a bad one!
They ended up camped out on the couches for days on end.
The little ones miraculously never caught it and enjoyed the perks of Mommy trying to come up with something to tempt everyone to eat...in this case milkshakes. D refused to look at the camera. :P
Another day on the couch.
It was decently warm so I made them go outside and sit in the sun for at least 15 minutes every day. This day they were all so weak they couldn't even sit up so I brought a blanket out for them.
That Sunday while they were inside resting Daddy and the little ones worked on a special project!
Lou was cracking me up. I am trying to soak up every minute of these toddler days that will soon be behind us. :'(
Goofballs.
Normally she clams up when I take a video so I covertly got this one...so funny.
All finished!
It was a big hit!!
Here they are the next day playing on it. I grabbed these through the window.
Come on Spring! We are ready for that germ-killing sunshine!
Great swing! Noni and I used to play on a tire swing until one day she went flying as the rope broke lol :)
ReplyDelete