We got a really good discount by going with the camp group and we had the three younger girls free tickets from the reading program so I think this was our cheapest year yet. The only bad thing was that we had to go an hour early and go to camp to get our tickets which was an extra 40 minutes of driving. :P But the girls were really happy to see all their camp friends!
Ready for a day of fun!!
I didn't see any numbers but I'm pretty there were over a hundred of us from the camp group. I was a little nervous about it but we decided to let Bug go around the park with her friends with the exception that she stay in a large group of friends 6-8 people at least, and check in with us every hour. Plus I'm pretty sure every other teenager had a cell phone and I had quite a few of their numbers so I could get ahold of her whenever I needed to. It also helped that there were over a dozen adults from camp and we kept seeing them around the park so I knew she had lots of people looking out for her too. She ended up doing great and had so much fun with her friends!
The rest of us stuck together and were ready to take on the park!
We made a beeline for our favorite ride which took us an hour to wait in line for last year. Since the park had just opened we literally had to wait four minutes and were on the ride! We got soaked which ended up being perfect because it kept us cool the rest of the morning!
Then we split up. Daddy took the three bigger girls to the roller coaster side of the park and Peaches and I headed to the kiddie area. I was kind of sad for her that she didn't have anyone to ride with, but she didn't seem mind! She had a blast doing literally every ride in the kiddie area, some multiple times!
This is the first year Peanut has been tall enough for roller coasters! Daddy sent me this picture of her first one!
Peaches was too small to ride the train roller coaster by herself so I rode with her. :)
Daddy and the big girls found us at that point and snagged a picture.
Then they rode one ride with her before we ate some pizza for lunch and they headed back to the roller coasters.
Where they found K and her friends going on this crazy ride that spins around and around and the whole arm flips upside down!
You wouldn't catch me on this thing but it looks like she enjoyed it!
I was plenty happy to stick with Peaches! Although, watching her go around and around on every ride was actually starting to make me queasy. Lol.
In line for another coaster!
Peaches loved the froggy ride and went on it about five times!
This one was a bit more dramatic but she loved it and went on it several times as well. The girl sitting next to her in this picture was SO sweet! This was Peaches first time riding it and she was a little nervous. The girl helped her into her seat and made sure she was enjoying it. So nice!
We met back up with the rest and waited in line for one of our other favorites.
Then it was time for ice cream! It always seems odd to me...most places really jack up their food prices, but for some reason this ice cream shop in the park is so cheap! It was only $3 for these "junior" cones and I couldn't even eat a whole one!
We met up with Bug and her crew and her friend F decided to join us for the rest of the day. Bug was having way too much fun to hang out with her parents and was off again after her check in.
Carousel time!
We went over the water slides and F told me that all she had eaten all day was the ice cream so she and I went and stood in line for food. We had been pleasantly surprised by how uncrowded the park was...apparently everyone was over at the water slides. It was insane!! Daddy took the rest to the lazy river and F and I stood in line for over an hour to order food and then had to wait another 40 minutes to actually get the food! Crazy! It had been 4:30 when we started waiting so I had no thought of dinner, but by the time we got to the front of the line I figured I better order food for everyone! I also ordered food for Bug and made her eat it since she had only eaten ice cream as well. :P We had dinner and then caught the train! Peaches was SO excited!!
I was worried that the train ride would be scary for Peaches because I remember being scared by it when I was little. They do a little play and it used to have train robbers that fired pop gun pistols. This time it was a silly story about Sasquatch. :P And when the "Sasquatch" did pop out at the end he looked quite friendly...like Harry and the Hendersons. :)
There was a lot of banjo music played at the park and when a particularly robust piece would come on Peaches would stop what she was doing and air-guitar...I mean banjo, and for some reason her tongue got into it too. Haha.
The big girls went to do a few more roller coasters and Peaches and I went for a few more kiddie rides.
Such a fun day!!! We didn't leave the park until 9:30 and everyone passed out in the car on the way home. Lou had a wonderful day at Noni's house and got to spend the night since we got home so late. Thank you Noni for watching her!!! Maybe next year she'll be big enough to enjoy it all!
No comments:
Post a Comment