Thursday, September 23, 2021

Party like you're 9!

 Peanut asked for a baking party this year! We kept it simple and invited her three closest friends...because with her sisters that made 8. She came up with a party plan one day during her quiet time. She had everything all planned out with a list of what supplies we would need to get. It was quite organized! :) 

We ordered white aprons and Buggy sweetly shared her fabric markers. I can tell these girls are getting older because I anticipated this to be a very quick activity but they sat there for a good half hour carefully drawing.



 
Ta da!

 
They all ran off to play while Boo and I set up the next part...decorating 72 cupcakes! They each got to take home 6, eat 1, and the rest we took to church for our Awana meeting that night. :)

 
We had strawberry cupcakes, vanilla oreo, chocolate oreo, and GF funfetti. 

 
They did a great job with their decorating!


 
I had them hold up their favorite cupcake for a picture. :)

 
The theme of the party was actually Baking/Kitties. Peanut wanted a cat pinata and we couldn't find one so the week before Boo made her one out of paper mache. So sweet.  

 
I had a really hard time getting it to stay hung up so after this picture I ended up holding it on a string while they whacked at it. Thankfully they didn't hit me. :P

 
They girls had picked out a bunch of candy at the Dollar Store and also some glowstick bracelets. 

 
They went in the living room and did presents while I got the pizza ready. Peanut's friend S took these pictures.

 
She got lots of sweet gifts...donut mug, water bottle stickers, bracelet kit, art kit, shaped ice cube trays, notebook, hair things, gel pens, lip gloss, and nail polish!




 
We sat down for pizza and cupcakes and sang happy birthday. 


 
We finished eating and then had to rush out the door to get to church for the meeting and the girls back to their parents. 

 
Whew! An exhausting, but fun four hours! I'd call it a successful party! 

No comments:

Post a Comment