Our good friends, the W family, arrived Saturday morning after breakfast and we helped them get their campsite set up right outside our cabin.
They got a cool new tent that has "room darkening" technology. They said it also stays really warm because there is virtually no air flow with the windows closed...which was proved when we had to get up and close our cabin windows in the middle of the night because we smelled a skunk and they said they didn't smell a thing! Haha!
Sweet friends!
Chutes and Ladders
And charades for the kids while the adults visited.
Once it warmed up enough for us to start getting hot we all headed down to the lake.
Two of the families brought their boats and gave all the kids rides on the tube or the wakeboard. Our other friends brought this awesome raft/tube and the kids had a blast! They said they've had it for three years and have never seen it flip, but the men were able to flip the teenagers several times!
Lou got to have her first boat ride! She loved it! Later she said, "Mommy I wanna go dat boat again, go fast!"
Some other friends came down for the day and brought four adorable puppies! They breed them, but they weren't old enough to be sold yet so this was their first outing. I missed getting a picture of them...I tried really hard not to take a million pictures and I thought I did really good, but I still ended up with a ton. Lol.
I didn't realize when they went out that they would be gone for hours! We didn't end up having lunch until 3 and Lou got a super late nap, but they had fun and she got to ride on the tube with Daddy!
We had smores that night after dinner...no campfires because the fire danger was too high, but the griddle doesn't do too bad for them.
We had been going to bed super early with the kids but now that other people were there we put the two little ones to bed at the usual time and then went to play cards with the others. T went back into the cabin to put something away and found this...
Stinker bear! :P
Last of the camping pictures tomorrow!







No comments:
Post a Comment