One of our favorite days of summer...blueberry picking day! We didn't have Noni and Mama this year which was a bummer, but we did have lots of friends so that was fun!
It had just started to get hot in our neck of the woods, but we picked the perfect day because it was overcast and fairly cool! Perfect! The girls actually stayed pretty focused and picked steadily for over an hour before running off to play with their friends.
Lou did surprisingly well staying close to me and not getting into trouble. Probably because blueberries are her favorite food so being in the middle of a acres of them was a dream come true for her. She probably ate half a pound. Lol.
She has started doing this thing where if you ask her what's she's eating she opens her mouth to show you. :P
Figuring out that the green ones don't taste as good. :)
I had a high goal for blueberries, and I definitely would have been there another solid hour but my friends finished picking what they wanted and then kept picking to help me out, so sweet! We ended up with 8 buckets I think!
I tried to get a picture of all the girls running down the row, but by the time I got my camera out there were only a few left. Haha.
Everything is better with friends!
The blueberries were bigger than ever this year! A lot of them were what I would consider normal size, but then a lot of them were huge, like this one!
I had enough to freeze blueberries to have muffins twice a month for a whole year and then I also made syrup to go with our blueberry pancakes. So good!
We also ate at least 5 pounds...probably more...over the course of the week. A good antioxidant boost. Haha!
No comments:
Post a Comment