We have a decision! The biggest decision of her life! Peaches asked Jesus into her heart!
She has been asking questions about it for over 6 months now. I remember last winter her asking me about it on the way home from preschool one day. She said she wanted to ask Jesus into her heart but she didn't seem to quite understand when I asked her what that meant. We talked about it for a while and I tried to explain, but eventually she said, "I'll ask Jesus in my heart when the snow comes." Haha. So I dropped it. We had several more conversations over the next few months but she was never ready to do it.
Then finally on July 18th she brought it up again and when I asked her if she was ready she said yes! It was bedtime and I was rubbing her back for her to fall asleep, but as you can guess they ended up going to bed late that night! She was so sweet and said, "I want to be a Christian!" so we prayed together and I made sure she understood.
She was SO excited!
We had to go outside and tell Daddy the wonderful news!
Congratulations Peaches! We are so so happy for you and so proud of you for making this wonderful decision to follow Jesus!
Here she is on the way to church the next morning. She called Noni and Papa and Grandma and Grandpa that night but we called Mama on the way to church and I made this quick video. She told several people at church and it was so sweet to watch them share her joy.
The following week was communion and she was SO excited to be able to participate for the first time!
Smelling the juice. Haha!
Such a sweet happy girl.
PTL!!!
ReplyDelete