If you've been reading this blog for a while you know that I don't do Easter eggs. Noni is the girls' Easter egg guru, but that wasn't an option this year so I knew I needed to step up and do it. It's always so messy! Noni usually gets a dozen for each of them, but I didn't want that many hard boiled eggs so they each got five. Haha.
I was looking up different techniques and found this fun tie-dye option so we gave it a try. You are supposed to wrap each egg in a paper towel...I used half a paper towel per egg to conserve.
Then you drop food coloring on the paper towels trying to leave some white space between drops.
Then you spray the paper towel with water to get the colors to bleed together.
The hardest part was waiting for them to dry. You're supposed to wait 24 hours, but after 7 we gave in and opened them. It's like opening little presents to see what you get!
They turned out really well!
I think I need to get some cheapy paper towels if we do it again. We have the quilted Bounty ones and you can see the quilted pattern on the eggs. But I really liked how they turned out! So pretty!
Surprisingly the dye bled through all of them even though they weren't cracked! I guess because the dye was so concentrated?
But I was happy with how they turned out and proud of myself for getting it done. Haha. But don't worry Noni...you can have the joy of doing it next year. ;)
Pretty!
ReplyDelete