It's official! We have a teenager in the house! I literally cannot understand how that happened so fast. It seems like just the other day we were bringing a tiny bundle home from the hospital with no idea what we were doing. The days started skipping by in rapid succession from there and my head is now left spinning...wondering where in the world those days have gone.
Buggy has grown and changed so much over the last year. Her height is the most noticeable. I'm thinking she may have me beat by this time next year as she's already closing in fast! She has grown in so many other ways as well. She is becoming so responsible and trustworthy. She is awesome with her sisters and I can count on her for babysitting, playing, and having fun with them. She often takes Lou out on the trampoline so I can have a few minutes of peace to make lunch or dinner. She also plays Lego, Calico Critters, blocks, and games with her sisters and is always the one to go to for fun ideas. They spend hours every week on the trampoline and no one wants to bounce without Buggy.
It was so fun to watch Bug step into more grown up roles at Church this year. She helped me all week at VBS, and spent the whole school year serving in the Cubbies room at AWANA. She also served in the church nursery, and is so good with the little ones! At one point she was contemplating being a preschool teacher and I know she would be great at it because she does such a good job!
She was also one of our babysitting leaders for our bible study group. She was in charge of the preschool room and it was the calmest and most controlled group we had. I specifically remember one night when another room of kids was being wild and crazy, and I walked into the preschool room (which you would think woudl be the most wild and crazy!) and Buggy was sitting on the floor with a lap full of scarves. There were 8-10 preschoolers gathered around her in a half circle, smiles on their faces, and eager anticipation in their eyes. They were half crouched, ready to spring. She said, "One, two...THREE!" and threw the handful of scarves in the air. The little ones squealed with joy as they jumped into the air trying to catch the colorful floating scarves. It was the sweetest moment!
Buggy has taken full responsibility for her schoolwork this year and rarely needs help...and when she does need help I usually just end up sitting there while she talks/reads out loud and ends up getting to the answer without me saying a word. We are very proud of how hard she works and she has maintained her straight A's with absolutely no prodding from us.
Buggy is learning and growing so much in spiritual things as well. She is the star student in Sunday School and I heard she was the only one to consistently do her AWANA verses in Trek. We know this is the most important learning she does and she will have those verses in her heart for her whole life.
We are sad that Buggy wasn't able to do soccer this year because of the virus, but she had a wonderful year of dance. She is such an amazing dancer and it is so much fun to watch her!
Buggy is our resident baker. She loves to make cookies, cakes, and brownies. She can also make a delicious dinner. We discovered her specialty a few months ago...Chicken Parmesan! It is so good! She also has several other go-to meals, and likes to experiment with new recipes. It's quite fun to be able to ask her to make dinner...I need to start taking advantage of that more often!
Buggy is also an amazing artist. She is constantly drawing, painting, sketching, and doodling. She is quite talented and learning new techniques every day off Pinterest and YouTube.
Here is her birthday interview:
1. Favorite color: light teal
2. Favorite toy: I don't know, Legos or Calico Critters
3. Favorite fruit: Watermelon
4. Favorite TV show: Barbie, Go Team Roberts
5. Favorite lunch: chicken nuggets
6. Favorite outfit: any comfortable outfit like t-shirt and black pants
7. Favorite game: Color Brain
8. Favorite snack: fruit cup
9. Favorite animal: koala
10. Favorite song: I don't know
11. Favorite book: Mysterious Benedict Society
12. Your best friend: Jesus
13. Favorite Cereal: Honey Nut Cheerios
14. Favorite thing to do outside: Dig in the dirt
15. Favorite drink: Lemonade
16. Favorite holiday: Christmas
17. Favorite breakfast: blueberry scones
18. What do you like to take to bed: Koala
19. What do you want to be when you grow up: Dental Hygienist
20. What do you want for your birthday dinner? Sloppy Joes
Dear Buggy,
I can't believe you are a teenager today! You are growing up way too fast for this Mama. On the one hand I wish I could push pause and make you slow down, but on the other hand it is so much fun watching you grow into the young woman that God has created you to be.
You have so much joy and passion for life. You love to laugh and have fun more than anything and you are always looking for ways to make that happen. You remind me to stop and enjoy life more...to not only look for fun along the way, but to stop and make your own fun if there is none to be found.
You are such a blessing to our family. Your sisters adore you and love it so much when you are finished with schoolwork and are able to come play with them. You are always thinking up creative games or fun things to do. We have currently on day 49 of quarantine and you have had a great attitude. I'm sure a lot of teenagers are complaining or moping around, but you have been playing, creating, and having fun with your sisters.
Daddy and I are so proud of you Bug. We are so proud of the young lady you have become and how we see you serving God and using your life for Him in so many ways. We pray that will continue as you grow even more. We pray that you will grow wisely in the grace and knowledge of Him. You are quite amazing, our little Bug, our firstborn. I can't even express how much we love you.
May the Lord bless you and keep you sweet girl. May He make His face to shine upon you and give you peace, and may you always love Jesus above all else.
I love you.
Love, Mommy
What a beautiful girl inside and out! Happy birthday!
ReplyDelete