February means Arizona!! Noni stayed with the big four so Lou and I could head to the sunshine with Daddy! It was especially nice since we'd been in our mid-winter funk where it is either foggy or overcast and we had literally not seen the sun in weeks. Thankfully we seem to have brought the sunshine back with us because since we got home we've had quite nice weather.
Anyway, back to the trip. I wasn't sure how Lou would do on the airplane. It was her naptime, and she'd barely had thirty minutes sleep that day (the drive to the airport), but I wasn't holding my breath that she would sleep and sure enough she didn't. She was wound tight! She was so excited. It was hard to get her to sit still for more than 1.2 seconds.
Thankfully (hallelujah!) neither our flight down or back was full so BOTH times we got an extra seat! I think God was looking out for us because I don't remember that ever happening before. I'm not sure what we would have done without that extra seat. She climbed up and down and around and around the entire three hours we were on the plane.
She loved looking out the window when we were on the ground. Look at those sweet little fingers. :)
The only way we could get her to sit still for take off was to feed her puffs.
"Uh oh!" - which means, more puffs Daddy!
Funny girl. :)
The tray table was her own personal chair.
You can see how wound up and goofy she was!!
She likes cars so I bought her a three pack at the Dollar Store. She lost the red one on the flight down, but had the blue and yellow for the way back.
Tape was our biggest friend. You can see a strip of shiny gold on the tray. Sticking and peeling off strips of tape to every available surface kept her entertained for over an hour.
Here's a little video. I told T it was like flying in a pinball machine. She was literally bouncing off every surface. Lol!
It was already getting late by the time we got checked into our hotel so we walked down to the Mexican food restaurant at the edge of the resort instead of trying to go out. She liked the lighted pathway.
I had been preparing Lou for the trip for three days. She is quite the homebody and both times we traveled over the holidays it took a full day of fussing/crying in the pack and play before she would settle down and go to sleep. So three days before our trip I put the pack and play in her room and put her down for naps and bed in it. She cried and cried. The next day I moved it to the library and did the same thing. She cried and cried. We brought the same blanket that had been in her pack and play to put over the mattress in the hotel's pack and play, and she went down without a peep. Of course she'd also barely slept all day so that could have something to do with it. ;)
She woke up in a great mood when Daddy had to get up for his conference, even though it was our 6:30AM. :P
She toddled all over the room putting her toys in and out of cupboards.
Then she ate breakfast in her Mommy-highchair with a soap dish for a plate. Haha.
The girls wanted to see pictures of our room so I sent them this one of Lou's bed.
We didn't have as good of a view this year...the parking lot and the freeway beyond the trees, but it was the perfect spot because it was at the end of the building and the other side of us didn't have an occupant. There was someone above us, but since we could even hear their footsteps I figured they couldn't hear Lou when she cried. :)
Ok that's all for today. The rest of the pictures tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment