Well I knew the price of preschool would be illness, but I hoped it wouldn't hit as hard since Peaches had been so sick the year Peanut was in preschool. I think all the "building immunity" stuff is just something people say to make parents feel better about their kids getting sick. Peaches was sick the ENTIRE year Peanut was in preschool and so far that's doing diddly squat to keep her from bringing home one illness after the other.
And of course she immediately shares with Lou no matter how often I scrub their hands and toys.
We've had someone sick in this house since just a few days after school started. In fact, Peaches brought home the first cold so fast I'm not sure it was from school since I know there has to be an incubation period. It was probably from church. Poor Lou has had her humidifier running for what feels like weeks.
First Peaches brought home a cold which she shared with Lou and Bug. Then Peanut got sick. I thought it was the same cold, but realized later it was something else. It was an odd bug in that they would be a 100% and then all the sudden get extreme exhaustion...sleep/lay still for a full 24 hours, throw up a couple of times, feel better, and then just act a little tired for another day. Peaches got that next, Lou got the fever but not the rest thankfully.
There was a lot of napping and watching TV there for a few days, and since the basement flooded slightly (from rain running down between the house and the addition) and ruined the entertainment center so we had unhooked the downstairs TV. That meant the only place to watch TV was in Mommy and Daddy's room so I did a lot of laundry for sheet and blanket changing.
I thought Bug and Boo had escaped, but then Boo went down. As she was finishing up that Peaches started sniffling again and then Lou. They had snotty/runny noses, but no other symptoms for over a week.
Trying to smile for Mommy while feeling miserable.
I am not looking forward to a winter/spring of colds and flus. :(
What a precious little face trying to smile!
ReplyDelete