We had our Awana Jog-A-Thon a couple weeks ago! Because we've had several successful years of it in a row we have a very healthy budget (I'm the treasurer so I know this firsthand, haha) I didn't let the girls ask family members for sponsorship.
Another reason for that was because they have won the last several years and I didn't want other kids to become discouraged and not try for first place.
It ended up being one of the coldest evenings we'd had at that point, but the kids did just fine. They always get hot because they are running.
The Cubbies started off with a bang.
And half of them promptly started tearing off in the wrong direction. Lol!
They regrouped and took a picture.
Boo ran the whole time! I think she had ten laps.
The Cubbies ran/walked/rolled on the ground, and went in about halfway through. Haha.
I bundled Lou and strapped her to me. She wasn't delighted to be trapped, but she did pretty well and lasted the whole thirty minutes. She was happy to be done and set free once we came in.
I'd say it was a successful evening...we had fun and raised some money for Awana! And maybe I'll let the girls win again next year. Haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment