Tuesday, October 8, 2019

First Day Back

This has been our easiest and best back to school year ever! And I'm not even really sure why! I guess God knew we had only so much mental capacity to handle things on top of the house. I am SO thankful for His grace and unexpected blessings! We have just slipped right back into the school routine as though we never left. Normally it takes a good month of whining and wailing and gnashing of teeth to get back into the routine. Again, SO thankful!

Part of the ease is due to the fact that we decided to send Peaches to preschool! So three days a week she gets to go off and have fun with her friends, and we get lots done. ;) This was another answered prayer because right now she won't even go to children's church without a fight so I was worried that she would not want to go to school, but she LOVES it! She is so happy on the days when she gets to go! 

Her first morning we got her dressed and she was heading towards the door when Bug said, "Can I have a hug?" She gave her a big squeeze and said, "I will miss you when I am at Preschool!"


Daddy had an early meeting and had already left, but he managed to sneak out and meet us at school to walk her in. He's been able to take her all the other mornings on his way to work.


She looked so adorable in her new outfit and the backpack she picked that is nearly as big as she is. Haha.


We had to grab a picture before we took her inside.


I didn't notice the cat's face until I was editing. LOL! I don't think he's too happy about having preschoolers in his house!


Her little bestie from church. She is so happy that A is in her class!


This is A's last year so she showed Peaches the ropes and where everything was.


Peaches didn't even give us a backward glance. She was too busy playing with her friends to notice we left!


She must have been a little nervous though because when I picked her up later she said, "I was BRAVE Mommy!" :) 

Back at home we got going on schoolwork...kitty snuggles are one of the benefits of homeschool. :)


Buggy is getting so grown up these days! I can't believe we only have 8 months until she's a teenager!


The girls all got great teachers and we are excited for the year!




They all impressed with me with their good attitudes and diligence to work hard until their work was done for the day.


After they were done we ran in to Daddy's work to have our traditional first day of school ice cream. 

We also got them a present this year...



It was tickets to go see Wild Kratts Live! They were so excited!!


Lou was just excited to have some extra Daddy time. :)


I think I can officially say it was our best first day back ever!


I'm hoping the rest of the year continues to go so smoothly! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment