Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Boise - Part 2

Lou decided to make our trip to Boise extra memorable and started crawling when we were there! I think this shaggy rug helped since its more of a drag and pull maneuver with her. :)


 

There she goes!

 

On Sunday morning Noni did devotions with the girls.


And then we headed off to the store to find sandals for Bug since hers broke. We saw this fun playground on the way so we decided to stop for a while.


So many twists and turns it was hard to tell what was what until you were in the middle of it!



A piggyback swing! 


They had a splash pad too and Peaches had more fun running around the outside of it and trying not to get squirted. She was laughing and laughing. :)


This was a little musical section with bongos and bells.

  

We went to a really nice Italian place for lunch, and then came back to the house for naps, games, and visiting.

 

Then we headed to the Greenbelt. I'm not sure how much of this was natural and how much was man made but they have turned the river into a really beautiful place for recreation! There were lots of pretty paths, bridges, places to swim, etc. and it looked like they were adding on even more! 


There was a kyaker trying to go up this little waterfall.


This is Peanut's I-did-something-wrong-face. :P Otherwise known as am-I-cute-enough-to-not-get-in-trouble?


We were all walking along the path and T said, "Where's A?" She had been there literally seconds before when I had checked. We looked around and she had scooted off the trail and was sitting under a tree picking up rocks while the rest of us walked away! We had a stern talk about staying with the group and not going off by yourself.

After that she stayed close. When you're in a group of 10+ people is scarily easy to misplace someone. I feel like all I do is take a headcount over and over whenever we are out and about. :P


Curious baby. :)


This was the point where we had to say goodbye to Uncle A and Auntie K. :( We were sad to see them go, but so thankful we had this quick visit with them!


The girls were dying to go in the water after seeing all the people swimming, boating, tubing, and paddle boarding. I happened to have our swim bag in the car so they quickly changed and we found a spot that wasn't too crowded.

You can see all the beautiful work they've done to make this place nice. It was so pretty! 


It was almost 100 the whole time we were there so the girls were happy to cool off!


Even Lou Lou got to cool her feet off!




The girls swam to the other side, but K could touch the whole way.



It was a beautiful end to the night!


On the way back to the house we grabbed some pizza. I had to sneak a video of Peaches singing. She cracks me up.


The next day we packed up and headed for home. Noni and Mama decided to take the scenic route home. I hated to split off from them, but an extra hour in the car did not sound like fun with Lou's fussing. They said it was very beautiful and definitely worth the extra hour! Maybe someday we'll be able to take the scenic route. ;)

At one point I let the girls have some suckers. I looked back to find Peaches found an interesting spot to stick it. :P


And then a little while later I turned around and she was sweetly sharing it with the baby! So much for no sugar before one!  Lou was smacking her lips together happily. Ugh. :P 

Thankfully we made it home without incident...other than Peanut having to go to the bathroom. We finally stopped and of course woke up the baby (she wakes up when the door locks click up because they are so loud) and then she fussed on and off for the next hour home. But we made it! And we had a good time, explored a new place, and made some fun memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment