Monday, November 12, 2018

Some Before and Afters

I wish I had gotten a before picture of these lockers...they were orange, and all rusty and dented. T bought them for me at an auction for $40 a couple of years ago and they've been sitting out here in the garage. I think I spent over $40 in spray paint, but I love how they turned out!!! The girls love them too for storing their coats, AWANA bags, dance bags, etc. They also like to play school with them. :)


The first couple of weeks we were here we had to live with this attic hole in our bedroom ceiling (because we had so much other critical stuff to finish. It started getting pretty drafty as the days began to get colder.


So one day T made time to fix a cover for it. Instantly warmer!


When we first arrived we just dumped all our books and boxes of books in the library.



I found black bookshelves on Amazon. Much better! 


The laundry room was another dumping spot. After a few weeks of this mess I was going crazy so one Saturday morning we made it a priority to get the cabinets put up so we could get everything put away!




I love how our upstairs bathroom turned out! This was before the mirror arrived...for some reason it took weeks longer than everything else.


The girls' bathroom in the basement turned out really well too! I'm loving all the different tile we chose for each area! I'm glad we didn't just go with the same wood tile in every bathroom like we originally planned.


Peanut and Bug had chairs and boxes stacked up to get up to their beds for the first few weeks so one weekend we made it a priority to get them ladders. This was an old, homemade, green ladder we found half buried in the grass and dirt by the old shed. We dug it out, sanded it down, cut it in half, and painted it. Perfect!


Another thing I had to live with for a few weeks was my"closet". It worked at first, but the more I pulled clothes out of the stack the more wrinkled the pile became. :P It was starting to drive me a little nuts and became a priority at the one month mark.


We got the closet system ordered and T had it installed in just a couple of hours. I cleaned everything out of our closets that could be considered summer wear and put it in bins so we would have enough space in our shared closet. Much better than the floor!


You'll notice "priority" is a big word in our house these days. We have a big "To Do" list and every week we check our list and say, "Ok, what is the priority this week?" Although it's mostly a question of what-is-driving-me-the-most-crazy-that-I-just-can't-live-with-anymore. Haha! It's funny how I can live with something for a while, and then all of the sudden, one day, I feel like I just can't take it any more!

I didn't have any pictures on the walls, and whenever T was home I wanted him working on higher priority things, so one day I just decided to get out the tape measure and level and hang some myself! I bought a collage frame for baby and it's all ready for pictures of her!


It's progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment