The first month we lived here the pantry was just full of boxes. I actually got pretty good at finding what I needed and knowing what was in each box. :P
But T went all out and got this great shelving system and got it all set up for me! We had originally planned to put our fridge from the other house in there which would have cut the pantry in half, but something happened to it during the move and it hasn't worked since. So we ended up with a LOT of space!
The North wall of the kitchen was also full of boxes the first month.
When T put in the shelving he cleared them all out as well.
The table and boxes of tools in the kitchen really started to drive me crazy about week 5 so I relocated everything to the laundry room and was much happier.
We were so excited the day the cabinets were delivered!
Even though that meant our makeshift kitchen became even more makeshift for a week. :P
The cabinet install seemed to take FOREVER! I thought it would be a day, maybe two. Two guys delivered them on a Monday. Tuesday we waited and waited and no one came...I texted the person who had texted me previously and no response. T finally called and they said it was the 31st not the 30th. Now I know I have major baby brain, but I was in the store when I put the install date into my phone and I for sure would have taken note if they had told me it was going to be Halloween. Oh well.
So finally the next day the installer came. It was just one guy, and he was extremely meticulous which is exactly what you want and made for an awesome finished product, but I couldn't leave the house for a week! It took him 7 different days of working to finish! Tues.-Sat. and then Monday and Wednesday the following week. 7 days of not only being stuck in the house, but all the noise! It seemed like he mostly used all of the tools I hate (because they literally hurt my ears!). Lol. Air compressor, impact driver, a saw thing that makes the most obnoxious noise! I think Peaches said, "MAMA! SO LOUD!" about 500 times.
I tried to get a video of her saying it, but she was too preoccupied with lunch. Boo got her to say it at the end. Normally she would scream it to compete with the noise of whatever tool he was using at the time. :P
But the end result was SO worth it! I LOVE how it turned out!!!
Now T just has to cut the countertops (we chose butcher block) and get them sealed. Then we can install the sink, dishwasher, and stove top! Then we can move on to the walls which are going to have faux brick tiles. Yippee!
No comments:
Post a Comment