The girls are loving being in the country! Our driveway is powdered dirt which turns to mud as soon as it rains so Grandma and Grandpa brought us four hay bales. Boo and Peanut came out to help me spread them out one day. Boo said, "Are we REAL farm kids now Mom?! This is what farm kids do, right??" :)
The hay works surprisingly well!
One of their favorite things is that we have a mailbox so we don't have to go to the post office anymore. They love running down to check and see if we got any mail.
There for a few weeks I felt like I was on decision overload! I had to make SO MANY decisions and I know they weren't irreversible, but I also hated the thought of wasting money by choosing something on a time crunch that I would wind up hating later. One night we went to Lowe's and had to pick out 23 light fixtures! Some of the choices...
Here's what we ended up with. It took weeks to find the time to put them all up...in fact a couple of them are still in their boxes.
These weren't my first choice for the dining room, but I love how they turned out!
This is one of my favorites visually, but it puts off very dim light! Good thing it is just in the powder room.
This was two weeks after we'd moved and the first night I felt like it was actually our home and not just this massive, unending project. We took a break from the lighting installation to have a mini-game night with popcorn dinner.
Then the girls kept going with Monopoly while T and I did more light fixtures.
Peaches cracks me up...it is like a treasure hunt every day for her to find the new thing that Daddy did. Every time something new is put in she will find it and point it out...or if it is on her level she will pat it with two hands...in this case a door, "Look Mama! A door! Daddy fisk it! TA DA!"
More updates to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment