Wednesday, August 15, 2018

SIX!

It's hard to believe this sweet little Peanut is six today! She is such a fun and funny girl! 


Peanut is growing up so quickly! She is super excited about starting the 1st grade in a few weeks! It will be nice to have some extra time with her. I feel like she's always off playing somewhere and I rarely see her.   

She still LOVES to dance and is excited to start her new classes. She loves soccer and is doing a really good job with it! She just finished a week long soccer camp and I was impressed with how aggressively she was going after the ball when I watched them scrimmage. 

She is doing really well education wise. She reads like a champ and is great with numbers. I think she'll do great with 1st grade! She loves AWANA and finished her book in the first semester last year. Hopefully the 2nd grade book will slow her down a bit. :) 

She loves to play outside and get dirty and somehow manages to get dirty at the Farmhouse whether we spend 5 minutes or 5 hours there. I'm afraid when we move she and Peaches will be perpetually dirty . :P 

She was SO excited to lose her first tooth a couple of weeks ago! And has since lost another. Her top front teeth are loose and she wiggles on them all the time. I keep telling her to let them come out in their own time, but she keeps on wiggling. :)

She loves to play with Calico Critters, Barbies, Legos, and dolls. She plays well with all of her sisters...although some better than others. She and Bug do have to have time apart regularly or they start to squabble. Peaches has taken over the role of pesky little sister and I keep reminding Peanut that she was once in that roll and she needs to help her learn how to play nicely. :) 

Peanut is very excited about the new baby and, out of all of them, is the only one who regularly hugs and kisses my belly and talks to the baby. :) 

Here is her birthday interview:
1. Favorite color: pink
2. Favorite toy: Te!
3. Favorite fruit: apples
4. Favorite TV show: Ruff Ruffman
5. Favorite lunch: peanut butter and jelly
6. Favorite outfit: this one
7. Favorite game: Life
8. Favorite snack: Granola bars
9. Favorite animal: Elephants
10. Favorite song: Joy to the World
11. Favorite book: Chester
12. Your best friend: Stacy
13. Favorite Cereal: Lucky Charms
14. Favorite thing to do outside: swing
15. Favorite drink: Apple Juice
16. Favorite holiday: Halloween
17. Favorite breakfast: pancakes
18. What do you like to take to bed: Te and Te blanket
19. What do you want to be when you grow up: a Mommy
20. What do you want for your birthday dinner? Subway

 

 Dear Peanut, 

You have grown and changed so much in the last year! You have gone from being one of the little girls to one of the big girls. I love watching you grow up into the girl God created you to be. 

You are so much fun to be around and make us laugh every day. You can be very helpful, thoughtful, and kind when you want to be. You love your sisters so much and want to play with them all the time. 

I am so proud of your reading! You have done a fantastic job practicing and have turned into a fluent reader over the past year. I'm really looking forward to the time we are going to spend together navigating the 1st grade! I love to listen to you read. You still love for me to read you books and reading before bed in our big snuggle chair is one of my favorite parts of the day. 

You have such an excitement and joy for life. I hope you never lose it! It often makes me pause and remember how blessed I am to have such joyful children to remind me to take joy in life and quit worrying about my to do list. You are such a blessing to me and our whole family. 

I thank God for you every day and pray that He will guide and direct you as you grow into a little lady right before our very eyes. I pray that you will have a heart for Him and a desire to serve Him with your life, whatever that might look like. I pray that you will always rely on Him to get you through the hard times, and that you will choose joy always. 

I love you so so very much sweet girl. Thank you for being you.

Love, Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment