Saturday, August 11, 2018

Insulated!

 It feels like for two weeks all we did was insulate! Ceilings, floors, walls, if it had a surface we insulated it. Haha. 

I don't know why we always pick the hottest days to work in the attic, but somehow it works out that way. :P We've had a very cool summer...not really summer weather at all, but this Saturday was the day it finally started getting hot. We had to be head to toe covered to protect against the itchy insulation fibers and I had sweat running down my face and back. Yuck!


The house inspector had come that morning to our current house so we weren't able to get an early start, but Noni was watching the girls so we were able to plug along for the rest of the day. We were able to get about 75% of the upstairs ceilings insulated. 


 Then I headed in to get the girls while T got the house cleaned up in prep for the spray foam insulation on many of the walls. 

  

I hadn't seen the house this clean in a long time. Lol! 

 

It looked much bigger! 

  

The spray foam came on my birthday. I didn't go out to see it (harmful fumes), but T grabbed a few pictures before he started getting lightheaded and had to get out of there. :P The workers had to cart around not only the insulation hose, but an oxygen hose as well! I guess it is pretty potent stuff! We weren't aloud in the house for 24 hours.

  

It was so neat how it went on!


And it was amazing how much it cleaned up the house! Hiding all the pipes and wires made a big visual difference! 

  

And I was shocked at how much cooler the house has stayed since we put it in. I always think of insulating against the cold, but it is a great heat barrier as well!


Now we've just got to get Sheetrock on those walls and we can get moving!

 

Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment