The verse ladies did an amazing job this year! They had such fun lessons to help the kids learn the bible verses! This was the first day. They had to jump to the next word in the verse or fall through the floor to certain death! :)
Go Boo!
Hi baby!
Buggy got to be part of the opening skit one day!
Game time! There's Peanut at the front of the line.
Listening to the story.
Playing outside. Peanut got to go with the big kids this year and not be stuck in the preschool room. I have to remember that she's only 4 though. The week was pretty hard on her. She was so tired (I had to wake her up to make it there by 9 every day) and by about the end of the second day she was done. She just wanted to stay with me or Noni. We gave her little breaks and she finished out the week, but she definitely didn't enjoy it as much as her big sisters.
We raised money this year for our friends the C family who moved to Mexico as missionaries. We raised the money to pay for half of their 3 year visas. $1094!
The Pastor's daughter-in-law always comes to rescue us every year. She is the VBS Queen and is an amazing, fun, upbeat MC for us every year. She dressed in fun costumes every day! I especially loved Wednesday's ancient lab costume! She's awesome!
That was also Noni's day to teach and she did an awesome lesson with dry ice and bubbling potions! So cool!
Time out for a Noni hug! Peanut stayed with Noni most of this day. I was home baking cookies.
She did paint some rocks in crafts.
Getting some air!
Craft time for Buggy!
JD loves kids and entertained Peaches quite a bit the day she stayed with me in the kitchen.
I love listening to the kids sing their hearts out! So great!
Peaches got into it too. She toddled out of the kitchen and started dancing. SO cute!
LOVE this!
I knew the boys had won the fundraising contest but I never heard the totals. When we got home I saw that Peanut had left her dollar by her breakfast spot that morning. Boo got really irritated, "A! You didn't take your dollar! We LOST because of YOU!" I scolded her, "Whoa! It's just a dollar! It's not a big deal!" Boo went upstairs, but later at worship team I heard Grandma S telling someone how the boys had beaten the girls by ONE dollar! So apparently a dollar does make a difference! Whoops!
Overall it was a wonderful week! I'm always amazed at how exhausting VBS is, but we had a great time and 3 children asked Jesus into their hearts! That makes it all worth it! Bug and Boo had a fabulous week! Yay for VBS!
No comments:
Post a Comment