Monday, July 10, 2017

VBS - Part 1

 Our VBS theme this year was adventure! They had a "time-stone" to travel to different places/eras. It was lots of fun!


It made my snacks a little tricky though because the themes were so different! I really struggled with which snacks to do this year, but I think the ones I finally settled on were a big hit. Monday was the fan favorite: worms in dirt. They were in the jungle that day.


Tuesday they went back to medieval times to a castle so we had pretzel swords.


I heard that this was probably the favorite snack. I thought it would be so easy...well, it was easy it was just time consuming. It took a loooong time to roll 150ish pretzel rods in chocolate and then sprinkle them. It made quite a mess too!


 Wednesday the kids went to an ancient laboratory. Jello is always an easy snack. It takes a while to heat all the boiling water, but it was my easiest of the week. I drew on each cup to make it look beakers. :)


Cookies. I thought that would be a super easy snack, but this ended up being my hardest one! The pretzel rods took about 3 hours which I thought was bad...until I made these cookies which took me SIX hours! To be fair I over-calculated and made about 3 dozen too many, but wow. My feet were hurting after all that baking and frosting! 



Thankfully they were delicious and provided a great object lesson. Would you rather have a little love shown to you or a lot? How much love should we show to others? 


I thought Friday's snack was the most fun: volcanos! I had found tall cupcake molds on Amazon. I only bought one -8 cupcake mold so it took a long time to make 100 but it was really easy and they turned out so cute!


Noni watched Peaches most of the days, but Friday she couldn't come. Peaches actually did really well and stayed with me in the kitchen. She only made a few messes and climbed in the fridge anytime I opened it. :)


She did find someone's open bag of chips on her level and helped herself before I could stop her. Haha!


 So that was my week of VBS! I'll show you the girls' view tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment