Monday, July 3, 2017

Mud Monsters

The girls get sooo dirty when we go to the farmhouse. It's go out - work for an hour and half - come home - cycle through baths for an hour getting clean. :P Since we got the water going it's been even worse! 

I could tell they were dying to have a mud day so I figured we would just have a designated day and I, mistakenly, told them they could get as dirty as they wanted. 

I had stayed home with Peaches for her afternoon nap and then we grabbed a pizza and headed out to join the rest at about 5:30. T had sent me this picture earlier....


Which is about what I figured they would like...especially Bug and Boo. However when I got there about an hour later I found this...


Their pants were so heavy with mud that they could hardly walk. Which caused Boo to trip and knock Peanut over and they both fell into the side of the Suburban which left huge globs and streaks of mud-prints all over it, and Peanut crying.


They were quite pleased with themselves...minus the fall.


Then they had to show me what they'd been up to.


Wow.


I wasn't upset until they started freaking out when it was time to get them clean. We literally spent an hour trying to get all that mud off because Boo was the only one who would stand still. Peanut and Bug would only last a few seconds before running away and having to be talked/yelled back into getting close enough to squirt with the hose. It was quite frustrating to say the least. I completely understood why...getting hosed off with 50 degree well water in 70 degree weather is no picnic, but since it was their own fault and it took so crazy long to clean them and their clothes up neither T or I were very happy with them!

We finally got them clean and sat down to eat.


A couple times since then we've left the car running and let them watch a movie while we work for an hour or so because at the rate of: work an hour, clean children an hour we're never going to get this house finished! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment