Our basement is coming along nicely! We’ve been working on it every spare minute and it’s nearly done! The carpet has been ordered and we are busy putting the finishing touches on before it arrives.
T and I went to Lowe’s on a date day to pick out carpet and paint and we were in and out of there in under fifteen minutes! We walked in, and up to the paint section…I quickly grabbed a couple of swatches and he pointed to the one he liked best.
We gave it to the paint desk and headed over to carpet where we walked right up and said, “This one looks nice.” We discussed three of the different color options and settled on one in under two minutes!
We weren’t in a hurry, it’s just that after remodeling our ENTIRE house we have already worked out which styles/colors the other prefers, what our compromises are, and what works best for us. The first time we picked out carpet it took hours of searching, and multiple stores. It’s nice that we don’t have to do that anymore!
The girls were dying to help us paint and I knew they wouldn’t let it rest if I denied them so they all got paint clothes on and I let them help me with the corners…or in Peanut’s case wherever she happened to be standing. :)
T painted the A for her. :)
Goofball.
Sweet Boo.
And our little troublemaker. :)
And yes it was as messy and spill-y as you might imagine. We ended the night with a bath and tears as I tried to scrape paint out of hair. K still had paint in her hair over a week (and many showers) later. But they had fun, and “Hep-ed!”
Before and after pictures as soon as the carpet arrives!
No comments:
Post a Comment