Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Christmas Eve

I had not been in a Christmas-sy mood with our temperatures up in the 50’s and rain for days on end, so I was especially happy to wake up Christmas Eve morning and see white ground and fat flakes falling. It was pretty slushy and wet but it was the perfect start of Christmas!

The girls bundled up and and went out for a bit. I thought this was a picture of K at first! Boo has really grown in the last few months and has totally lost her “preschooler” look. She now just looks like a girl.

farm

They built a little snowman, but I didn’t get a picture.

farm1farm2

Everything was peaceful. I love how the snow creates a beautiful pristine blanket over the brown, hibernating grass.

farm3

Mid-morning we decided to go see a movie! It was Peanut’s first time to go to a movie theater and she did awesome! She sat through the whole thing and laughed at the funny animals. We saw Penguins of Madagascar, and it was cute. Boo did cry because it was “too scary” but everyone else loved it.

farm13

With 11 people we took up a whole row!

farm14

Shortly after we got back the rest of the family arrived! I got to spend a long time cuddling the newest one.

farm6

She is SO sweet! And such a good baby! She is 5 weeks old and only wakes up once in the night!

farm5

We all took turns with the baby snuggles!

farm7

After dinner I helped Boo make Jesus some birthday cupcakes.

farm8

Uncle Bo got a turn with baby M.

farm9

When the cupcakes cooled we frosted them and added sprinkles.

farm10

Next up…”stockings”!

No comments:

Post a Comment