Monday, December 1, 2014

“Kiss-mas chi-wld!”

For the first time in several years we had to miss the Operation Christmas Child packing party at our church because I was at the Scrapbook retreat with Noni.

This time wasn’t quite as comfortable because Noni wasn’t the speaker, which meant we had to bunk in the cabins like everyone else. Haha :)

This is the camp the girls will go to when they get old enough so I took a picture to show them. Good old fashioned camp bunks!

scrapbook

We doubled up the mattresses and there was a warm heater in the room so I actually slept pretty well.  The train that goes RIGHT by the camp only woke me up 5-6 times as opposed to when we were there in May and it woke me up every hour on the hour! The speakers quarters are nicer but closer to the train tracks!

We also scrapped till midnight so by the time we hit the bunks we were ready to sleep!

My good friend S was the speaker (on the left) and another good friend from church, A, came with us too so it was fun to sit together and visit while we scrapped.

scrapbook1

And I got up to Peanut’s 9 month-day in her babybook so I was happy! One more retreat and I should be done!

scrapbook2

Anyway, back to the original intent of this post…OCC. We packed our own boxes the next weekend. The girls LOVE doing this and thinking about the children who are going to get them.  It is SUCH a great program!

occ1

We piled the stuff in the middle and let them pick what they wanted for “their” box.

occ2

Boo packed for a 5-9 girl.

occ3

And Bug packed for a 12-14 girl.

occ4

And Peanut packed for a 2-4 year old girl. And got caught RED-HANDED stealing candy!

occ5

Uh…look over there Mama! You didn’t see anything!

occ6

T did his box for a 5-9 year old boy and I did a 5-9 year old girl.

occ7

We took one last picture then sat in a circle and went around and took turns praying for our box and the child it would go to.

occ

I love kicking off the Christmas season with OCC! It helps get our focus in the right place!

1 comment:

  1. I can't help but laugh out loud at Peanut and her "look the other way while I eat this candy!" Hilarious and also reminds me of a little one I know;) Great job with the OCC! Love the family picture with the boxes all packed!

    ReplyDelete