Thursday, January 30, 2014

Four!

On Monday Boo woke up to a balloon shower and Bug and I singing Happy Birthday.  I had seen this idea on Pinterest so Buggy and I made it after she went to sleep Sunday night.  She was actually pretty grumpy when she first woke up…I guess she’s as much of a morning person as I am. :) But after a few minutes she got happy.  Grandma called to sing Happy Birthday too, and she loved that!

IMG_1664

She actually wasn’t feeling that great, but after watching a video on my tablet she perked up.  She didn’t have any fever so we kept our original plans which was lunch of her choice, McDonalds.  I can’t remember the last time we had been to McDonald’s so I guess she’d been missing it.

We went and picked up Mama so she could come with us, and Noni met us there after she was done at school.

IMG_1668

Buggy really wanted a picture alone with the birthday girl.  I love her expression.  So proud/protective of her little sister.

IMG_1672

The girls ate quickly and then ran off to play with new friends.

IMG_1675

This is one of Daddy’s busiest times at work so he wasn’t going to be able to come to the birthday lunch, but he took K to work with him for a few hours on Saturday morning.

IMG_1697

IMG_1698

I didn’t realize that he was making it possible to surprise Boo by coming to her birthday lunch!  On the way there she sadly asked, “Daddy can’t come to my birthday party?” I tried to explain that lunch wasn’t her party, and he would be there for the party that evening so when he walked in all three of them screamed, “DADDY!” or in Peanut’s case, “DA-DA!”

He even bought them ice cream. :)

IMG_1682

Peanut discovered that she could get into this little space and was SO excited.  She kept crawling in and out and then squealing and knocking on the mesh with her little fist.

IMG_1677

IMG_1679

I wanted a picture with the birthday girl too! :)

IMG_1684

Noni and Mama took Peanut home for a nap and Bug, Boo, and I ran to Walmart to pick up the last of the groceries for her birthday party.

Here she is in her party dress.  I let her open it that morning so she could wear it all day.  She still LOVES to dress up and wear fancy dresses all the time.

abirthday

We went home and made her cake and cupcakes, and then Bug and Boo relaxed on the couch and watched Boo’s favorite show, Daniel until it was time for the party.

Pictures from that tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Happy, Happy Birthday, S!!! You are such a sweet girl. (Before I read the post or saw pictures, I thought you were announcing baby #4! haha).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday S! I love the picture of her decorating her cake. Love the sneakers with her fancy dress :)

    ReplyDelete