Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Christmas Vacation

Okay, the last of the Christmas pictures!  These are kind of the leftovers from Christmas vacation with Auntie Karen, Noni, Papa, and Mama. 

T took this one on Christmas morning with his phone of the girls with their new Barbies.

IMG_1336

The day after Christmas we went to paint pottery (another Christmas tradition). Noni made a cracker dish, Karen a light switch, Mama a small box, Buggy did a penguin, Boo did two ornaments, and I made a small dish for holding a piece of birthday cake.  I’ll have to take pictures when everything arrives.

IMG_1339

This is one of Bug’s favorite traditions.  She loves this place!

IMG_1343

We played too many games of cards to count!  There’s Aunt Karen playing in the background and Peanut having some snuggle time with Daddy. :)

IMG_1345

We hadn’t been to the post office for a few days and when Noni finally made it over there she found presents from Aunt Heather and  Uncle Jason!

IMG_1358

Bug and Boo got big craft kits and Peanut got some adorable pjs!

IMG_1362

Thanks Uncle Jason and Aunt Heather!

IMG_1363

Bug got this pretty outfit from Aunt Karen and she looked so grown up I wanted a picture.

IMG_1368

So Boo wanted one too, of course. :)

IMG_1369

I was on a hat making kick during the break.  I think I made 6-7 hats.  Three of them were dinosaurs for Noni and Aunt Karen’s friend who has three boys.  Although the orange dinosaur turned out looking more like Nemo than anything. :)  I tried them on the girls for size (the boys are similar ages to our girls).

IMG_1399

IMG_1400

Buggy also did some finger knitting and made several scarves for different people.  Gift giving is definitely one of her top love languages!

IMG_1402

Another day we took Karen out to lunch and then rode the carousel. 

IMG_1319

That is one of the girls’ favorite things to do!

IMG_1321

IMG_1322

IMG_1324

The IMAX was showing free Christmas movies so after lunch and the carousel we went and saw Elf.  After the Frozen experience we decided it would be better for Boo to go do errands with Daddy and Noni volunteered to stay home with Peanut so she could nap, so it was just Bug, Aunt Karen, and I but we had a great time.

The girls had so much fun playing lots of different games with Aunt Karen that week.  They kept her busy!

IMG_1405

We had so much fun with her that it was SO hard to say goodbye!  The girls were quite sad and Bug was about to start crying.

IMG_1408

Goodbye hugs.

IMG_1411

And kisses. 

IMG_1412

Uncle Sean and soon-to-be-Auntie Jen are getting married (yay!!!) in Florida in June so we are already looking forward to that!  It’s going to be so fun; we can’t wait!  Thanks so much for coming to visit us Auntie Karen!  We love you so much and had a great time with you!  Thanks for making our Christmas extra special! 

1 comment: