I make it a point to at least do one April Fool’s joke on the girls each year. This year I told them they could have brownies for breakfast…
But I really meant they could have Brown E’s. :)
My camera died right then after all my Easter picture taking, so I missed the looks of exasperated amusement from them. :) We were supposed to go play with some friends, but it didn’t work out so instead we walked up to Daddy’s work to see where his new office is going. They are doing a bit of remodeling and moving offices at the hospital so we went up to check it out and have lunch.
It was so nice out! On the way home everybody was tired. Bug and Boo kept taking turns walking and riding, and finally both of them declared themselves to be exhausted so I let Bug ride and carried Boo. Then we came to the hill before our house and I knew I couldn’t push and carry Boo at the same time so I set her on the top bar of the stroller and pushed roughly 100 pounds of weight up the hill! I was huffing and puffing by the time I reached the top! :)
Peanut went straight to bed and the girls spent some time doing chalk out front while I read in one of the new porch rocking chairs and soaked up some Vitamin D. When it was time for books they asked if we could read on the porch swing…perfect! We spent half an hour reading and swinging in the warm sunshine with a nice little breeze. I am LOVING this amazing Spring weather! Absolutely gorgeous!
You're all kinds of creative this week! I LOVE the Brown E's!
ReplyDeleteI haven't really introduced my kids to April Fool's yet, even though I love it. In fact, I just totally missed it this year. March was a crazy month.