Friday, March 15, 2013

Math Twister

The girls were playing with chalk so I came up with a way for Buggy to practice her math facts.  She can do any (one or two digit) addition or subtraction problem, but she doesn’t have the quick facts memorized yet so I’ve been trying to come up with anything that will help get them ingrained in her brain.  This turned out to be a great way…she loved it which is not always the case when we practice math facts. :)

I wrote out all the numbers and then, in the case of this picture, she had to put left foot on 5 + right foot on 7  to = hands on 12. 

mathtwister

9-5=4

mathtwister2

6+3=9

mathtwister3

It was actually pretty fun!

Meanwhile, Boo was playing her own game of “how much can I play in the muddy flower beds before Mommy notices?”

mathtwister1

I’d say her game was successful too.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Cute! That's awesome. Now that it's getting nice out, we need to find ways to do school outside. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete