My Aunt had a great idea of a way that we could remember Ty this Christmas…we all bought presents and wrapped them for him and then we took them down to a local children’s shelter.
There were a lot of books since he loved reading so much.
I wrapped a package of m&m’s because I remember going to see 101 Dalmatians in the movie theater when we were little. They let each of us pick a thing of candy and Ty picked m&m’s. He was pretty little at the time and since he had a real heart for animals the threat to the puppies must have been pretty scary to him. By the end of the show he had more than half of his bag of m&m’s clutched in his hand, melted into a single mass. When we got home Aunt Karen put them in the freezer and they solidified. We thought it was an awesome idea and for a long while after that we would purposely try to melt our candy so our moms would freeze it and then we would eat it. :)
I also got him the little snow leopard because he LOVED stuffed animals when we were little and had one a lot like it. He also loved the game Don’t Break the Ice. I got it for my birthday one year. My grandma picked out the Spiderman toy. My Aunt used to take the boys to the store after they got their allowance and Ty would often pick an action figure like that one. I remember many hours spent playing X Men and Power Rangers with the boys. :)
It was hard to have this first holiday without him, but I thought it was a really nice way to remember him and bless a few other kids in honor of him.
Merry Christmas Ty! We miss you but we know it was your best one ever!
What a great thing to do. Brought tears to my eyes!
ReplyDeleteThat's a great idea Rachel! So sweet and thoughtful!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful post, and you are so right...it was his best Christmas ever!
ReplyDeleteNoni
This was such a great way to remember him. And it definitely was his BEST Christmas ever!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing all the special memories! I had forgotten about the M&Ms until you brought those out. You were so sweet to remember all his favorite things. Amen for his best Christmas ever-I think every day is Christmas in Heaven!
ReplyDeleteKaren