Friday, December 17, 2010

Holiday Baking

On Wednesday my best friend from high school, and her little boy, came out to do some holiday baking with Bug and I. The kiddos had a lot of fun cutting out the cookies. After they got the hang of it they did pretty good!
Bug loves cooking of any sort, and she especially loves making cookies!

She looked a little concerned about the zealous approach of her friend.

And then it was his turn to be a little worried.

But most of the cookies survived the eager hands of two preschoolers. :)

I should have got some pictures of the kids playing while we were baking the cookies. They went into the breezeway and opened the dress up bin. Then they would come in and dazzle us with their costume choices. We had a Snow White cheerleader, a knight robot, a butterfly pirate, and several other humorous concoctions.
~
And then we got to the even more fun part...licking the icing covered beaters.

Nothing like some good ole' frosting licking! :)

After the frosting was made it was time to decorate those cookies.

Bug took her job seriously, but E bypassed the decorating nonsense and went straight for the good stuff. He's got it figured out! :)

Thanks so much for coming out guys! We had a great time!

2 comments:

  1. Oh fun!! That looks just awesome! I hate we missed out on a lot of holiday fun this year due to my "condition". I plan on fully making up for it next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to make Christmas cookies today but somehow I don't think I'll have as much fun as you guys did! I had a dentist appointment this morning and I'm still numb so staying home and not embarrassing myself in public drooling seems like a good idea :)

    ReplyDelete