Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Day

On Christmas morning our first order of business was to light the candles and sing Happy Birthday to Jesus!
~
And then blow them out.

Then we got to go see the "big" presents. Daddy made Bug an easel! It turned out so well! I need to get a better picture of it. On one side we painted a chalkboard.

And on the other side a whiteboard, with attachments for a huge pad of paper to paint on.

Boo got the new Weeble Wobble Playhouse.

But she was more interested in the tag.

All the big kids loved her present though! It was arguably the most played with present of the weekend!

All five of them played with it for days!

Cheese!

Boo wanted a hug from Waylon.

And then her competitive side came out and she challenged him to a race.

But then she decided to have a pity party when she fell behind.

Just kidding. :)
~
The big kids took on the job of passing out all the gifts, but with only one accomplished reader it was slow going.

We all waited patiently.

I think Boo's teeth were bothering her b/c she hardly smiled all morning. This was about as good as it got.

And it was only b/c of Daddy's tickle fest.

Then we took turns opening presents.

Notice Grandma's five Christmas trees...yes five! And she has ornaments to fill out every one! It's a Christmas extravaganza in her living room!

This picture got kind of blurry, but here is the table that T made for his sister for Christmas. Didn't he do a great job?

Boo is our climber. Bug never did climb on stuff as a baby, but with this one, no such luck. She climbs onto anything she can reach. She watched us open presents from this little perch.

Bug has really gotten into dressing up ever since we went to Disney on Ice, so we thought this would be a fun present. She didn't take it off all day so I guess it was a hit.

This was one of T's favorite books as a child so I found it on Amazon and the girls gave it to him.

And I love this picture! It is SOO hard to surprise my husband with gifts. He has an uncanny ability to guess what is in a box/bag/whatever. One Christmas morning he popped straight up at about 3:00am and said, "You got me a router bit set!" Grrr. I was not very happy. :)
~
So I was thrilled to have completely thrown him off this year. I normally hate all his video/computer game playing so a PS3 was definitely not on his radar, but we needed a new DVD player anyway and I figured with the Netflix streaming we would get plenty of use out of it. And I knew it would make him happy so I went for it. :)

He gave me a full sized Cricut! I am so excited! I have been wanting one for years! I can't wait to get it out and start playing with it. We got lots of other great gifts. Boots, books, juice glasses, and movies for me; dress shoes, a battery charger, some small tools for T, games, toys, puzzles and books for the girls. All sorts of great stuff! But best of all, we got to spend the day with family and remember that Jesus is the best gift we could ever get!
~
And that was our Christmas!
We hope you all had a great one as well!

1 comment:

  1. The kids look so precious! Where does T find the time to build easels and tables? I'm impressed!
    Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete