For the past three days we've been installing our fence. Sometimes being a Do-It-Yourselfer is slow going! I'm sure the professionals could have had it up pretty quickly, but they would have wanted a LOT of money to do it!
~
Now that we've done it, I can see why. It's a pretty painstaking process to make sure that every post is the right, height, length between, and level up and down, side to side, and front to back. And that is all AFTER you've dug holes for each of them, 12 inches across 30 inches deep...I think we have more than a few blisters around here!

I think T said we had 30 posts, so you can see why it took us three days to get them in.
We used 68 bags of concrete, all weighing 80lbs a piece. We also have a few sore backs around here. :)~
The guys worked on it all day long on Saturday and after church until dark on Sunday. Then T had to go to work so my poor father-in-law had a somewhat scanty work crew. It consisted of him, me (with a 15 pound baby strapped to my back) and our 11 year old neighbor boy, who is actually a great help, but who doesn't have the muscle strength. I should have had K take a picture of us, as I'm sure we looked somewhat humorous. Grandpa was a great sport about it though, and we managed to get the posts all in yesterday. :)
~
~
So this is what it looks like right now. I'm about to go out and get all those boards down since the concrete should be set up by now.

T and I will be spending the next few nights installing the slats. We're almost there!!! :)
Wow...y'all are so brave!!!
ReplyDeleteYou guys have been busy this summer! Looks great!
ReplyDelete