We had such a fun, relaxing weekend with our little girls! I think this was the first weekend all summer that we haven't had something big to do. We were going to work on the yard on Saturday, but it was raining so we took the girls to town instead.
~
I had to get a picture of Boo's first "big girl" ride in a shopping cart! Now that she can sit up we don't have to have the car seat with us at all times, although that does make it a little easier. She didn't last too long riding in the cart. :)
We usually buy Bug those Colorwonder notebooks for the car. She ran out of pages the other day so we went to get a new one and she found this instead. It is a travel pouch thing...I can't remember what it's called. I read the package and thought it sounded good...washable crayons, you wipe off the crayon so it's reusable, unlike the Colorwonder. ~
So I let her use her birthday money and get one, but that was a mistake! This thing is SOOO messy! I would not recommend it. She was literally covered in these "colors" but thankfully, they don't stain. She just walked around looking filthy all day. :P
~
It's a good idea, and it might work better with older children who have a little more crayon control, but it definitely doesn't work well for a three year old in the car. (You can see how messy the travel case got from just one coloring session).
~
On the plus side, her drawing is really improving. You can actually figure out what she's drawing now. This is her self-portrait since the picture is a mirror. She even made her curly hair. :)
We spent the rest of the day shopping and I got some really cute matching clothes for the girls for next year. All the summer stuff is clearancing out everywhere. It's hard to believe that people are gearing up for the school year. I bought a bunch of school supplies for K and I to start "playing" school, since we decided not to send her to preschool. Pray for me to have patience! Haha :)~
We spent Saturday night at Noni's so I could go pick her up from the airport. This past week went fast! I was sad that we didn't get to go to Texas this year, but thankful that I didn't have to stress about all the traveling with two little ones. We'll tackle that next year when Boo is a little older.
~
~
We ended our weekend with a fun afternoon with our little family. As soon as the girls woke up from naps we went down to the old fashioned soda fountain in town and got ice cream...well Bug got ice cream, Daddy got a slushie, and I got an Italian soda. Then we went to the local pool! It was our first time there and it was pretty fun! The water definitely could have been a little warmer, but the girls enjoyed it.
Bug is looking so grown up to me lately, especially b/c I've found a couple new ways to fix her hair. I can pull it back in a ponytail now and she looks a lot older.
The pool has four different fountain displays and they are all really fun! Here's the smallest of the four.
Boo really enjoyed the water. Daddy motored her around the pool and then she and I sat on the steps where she could kick to her hearts content. :)
K practiced her jumping skills. She was getting some pretty good jumps in, but she started getting water in her eyes, which she does NOT like, so this is kind of a half hearted last ditch effort for the camera. :)We came home and put on warm pajamas and snuggled up to watch a movie. A perfect way to end a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment