Sunday, August 29, 2010

Fair Fun

We had another busy weekend! I think things will start slowing down in a few weeks since summer is winding down, but for now we are still going strong!
~
On Saturday morning we had some friends who are visiting from Colorado come over and we all went to the fair together.
Bug's favorite thing was the animals of course. She loves all the animals. I just noticed Bug's hands in her pockets...I do that a lot so I think it's cute when I see my habits in her. :)

They had all different kinds of competitions where people were showing their animals.

K's cousins got to come to the fair too! The train table was a big hit...or maybe it was the suckers. :)

I love how these small town fairs have some of the animals out in the open, no cages or anything. Love how the cousins are posing and K has a "just smile and humor Mommy while she takes picture number 1,271" look on her face. :)

The kiddos wanted to pet the calves.

And Uncle Bo-Bo helped our little Boo get in on the animal petting.

This baby goat was so cute!

And these goats were hilarious! They shoved their heads up really far in the hay bale and every now and then would come out to sneeze. :)

Fascinated.

Baby piglets. They had all kinds of signs up. I had no idea but it said that pigs are listed as the 4th smartest animal in the world...that they can learn tricks faster than dogs and they start responding to their name within 3 weeks of naming them. One sign also said that the biggest pig ever recorded was over 2,500 pounds and 12 feet long or something. Crazy!

K feeding one of the horses.

They had a kid's area and we spent some time enjoying the attractions in there. We all thought this mirror was hilarious! Boo didn't see what all the fuss was about. Why the long face? :)

They had "pud-pud golf" as K called it.

K's turn in front of the mirror. Those legs should be able to do some good high-kicks!

K showing her cousin some bowling moves.

Getting some tattoos from an actual tattoo artist...just kidding, but he does fit the stereotype. :)

Although he very nicely painted a pink and purple sparkly butterfly on a toddlers arm so he can't be too hardcore. :)

Proudly showing off her new ink.

We ate lunch while watching the magic show. They didn't have a microphone for the guy though so it was hard to hear.

We headed home after lunch to give the girls naps and then went back to the fair with Noni and Papa that night to watch some of the rodeo and get an Elephant Ear...yes I would travel many a mile for one of those delicious sugary treats. Yum! :) Boo didn't quite make it so we gave up on the rodeo and headed home for bed.

It was a great day of Fair fun!

3 comments:

  1. FUN!!

    Do you have any idea how blissful those jackets look? Last week, we finally broke our 50 day streak of at least 90 degree weather, and I'm excited even for that! What I wouldn't give for a touch of fall crispness in the air...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That reminds me of going to the P fair. Lots of good memories. Wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 'tattoo artist' was so nice :) He looked a little surprised when we said Elora wanted a tarantula on her arm, but painted it very nicely and even added glittery sparkles :)
    Your Canada vacation sounds a little like ours.. children not having good naps and running haywire in public. Haha such is life with children! And we love it don't we :) Good seeing you two!

    ReplyDelete