Thursday, July 30, 2026

Work-cation! - Part 4

 T took this picture of D one morning on his way out of the room. She slept on this chair that we pushed the ottoman up to. Peaches had the big couch.
 
  
 
If you've ever wondered what it's like traveling with a gaggle of girls it means lots of STUFF!
 

 Everywhere. :P
 
 
I really did try not to take too many pictures on the trip, but of course I ended up with a ton. :P  It was so beautiful every morning when we went on our walks!

 
On Tuesday the little girls were hungry but I wanted to let the big girls sleep a little longer so we walked across the street to the grocery store and I let them pick out a donut. Then we had a car picnic. :)  

 
It was a little cooler this morning so they kept going back and forth with their sweatshirts. We walked over to the park and they had a great time playing on all the equipment. 
 
 
 


 
We had to get our annual growth pictures. Lou has changed SO MUCH since last year!  

 
Peaches has grown too, but hasn't changed as much as Lou.  

 
The skateboard park was empty so the girls tried out the ramps with their scooters.  



 
They were harder than they looked! 

 
The rest of the day was a repeat of the day before. Beach, pool, hot tub, pool, beach. Mr. T's boys joined them in the pool. I think Peanut had the most fun with them. I guess she needs a little brother or two in her life. :)
 
 
Lou's swimming has improved a lot this year. She's not overly comfortable in the deep end but she can keep herself afloat and is capable of swimming all the way across the pool if she had to. 

 
The pool was a decent temperature. I actually got in both days which is saying a lot for me. I don't usually get in unless it is at least 90 degrees out, but it was hot enough, and the pool warm enough, for me to get in.  

 
Peaches enjoyed the pool the most. She swam for hours and always managed to make a friend or two to play with while we were there.  

 
By Tuesday afternoon I was hiding in at least partial shade. The temperature might not have said it was too hot, but the direct sun sure made it feel like it! 

 
 Since we'd had donuts for breakfast that morning the girls asked if they could have cereal for lunch...not something we've ever done before, but hey, it was a vacation. :)

 
This duck wanted to join us for lunch. Later some people next to us left a bag of Pirate's Booty and he went IN the bag to get it. :P
 
 
Boo and I got some lunch from the Beach Bar and Peanut ate Uncrustables.  

 
Unfortunately Daddy got stuck with an extra meeting and couldn't join us for the afternoon, but Mr. T got done earlier and came and played with the kids.  

 
He was throwing them a football and they had to jump off the dock and catch it.  

 
The girls thought it was a great game! 

 
They could only be drug away for ice cream! We walked over to the closest ice cream place for their afternoon snack.  

 
And then the girls and I went paddleboarding! I had never tried it before and was pretty sure I would fall in at some point so I didn't dare take my phone, but I wish I had gotten a picture! Peanut got her own, Lou rode on Boo's, and Peaches rode on mine and none of us fell in! 
 
We took them out for about 45 minutes and paddled all the way to the second bridge before turning around and coming back. Once we made it back past the first bridge I sat down and let Peaches paddle and she did a great job! Boo and Peanut were definitely more relaxed than I was...I thought for sure Peaches and I were going to fall in every time she wiggled, but we made it, haha! 

That night we had dinner with the other conferees at the BBQ on the beach. Normally the food is so-so but this year it was great! The girls wanted to "cheers". :)

 
After dinner they wanted to go for one last swim. The boys went with them. 

 
Daddy joined them for the hot tub after the lake. 

 
Then he and Boo went back and talked to his commissioners for a while. They took this pretty picture of the sunset.
 

 Our last morning the girls got up and dressed before heading out on our walk.

 
It made me wish we lived somewhere where we could have a walk like this every morning! 
 
 
This place always seems so full of summer magic, but I know we are hitting it at the perfect time and the rest of the year it's just as cold as it is where we live. 

 
I wasn't planning to let the girls swim again but we had an hour and half between check out and T getting done so we packed up and then hit the pool one more time. These two just did some sunbathing. :) 

 
Once T got done we headed over to the drive in for lunch. 


 
Lou really liked this huge tree. 

 
And our last order of business was to do some shopping. I had to grab this picture of Lou looking too cool for school on the way over to the shops. We all picked out a t-shirt and then the girls bought a few other little things. 

 
They wanted a picture on the ice cream bench. 

 
And these three spent some of their money getting cotton candy from the machine. You get to pick your colors and shape. 

 
And then watch it get made.  

 
Ta da! 

 
What a wonderful trip! I think this year ranks in my top three out of 17 years of coming here! We are already looking forward to next year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment