I think we spent about twenty hours up at church decorating for VBS and I'm pretty sure Noni did triple or quadruple that! Every time we would go up for a couple hours she would have been there all day! Everything turned out amazing and she pulled together another incredible VBS!
We did a western theme this year and Noni borrowed some painted panels from another VBS to create an entire town in the front of the sanctuary! We had the train station, ranch, barber shop, post office, Sheriff's office, trading post, bank, theater, barn, and school! It turned out so cute!!
I also loved this wall...a covered wagon, complete with clothes on the line and an old trunk with pictures of my great grandparents!
I think this was my favorite though...railroad tracks leading into an old mine which we lit up with the twinkle lights from Bug's wedding.
It was all glittery and sparkling and the kids loved it!
We had many meals up there before plugging on. This was pizza for Cousin Ty's birthday. We always like to remember him and talk about him on his birthday.
We kept the hallway more simple this year but it was still cute! Peaches cut out all the fence rails and Lou helped me put them up.
I had to get this picture of Mama painting one of the train cars. She is an inspiration! I hope I am as active and helpful as she is at 94!
We brought the O girls with us several times. They helped decorate and also played with the girls.
Peanut and S made these adorable "chicken coops".
So cute!!
The younger girls helped a lot with the cardboard train that was in the preschool room. The kids could go into each car and find buttons to push.
The girls also helped Noni paint all the chickens. So cute!
Ok...get ready for a slew of VBS pictures, starting tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment