Monday, June 8, 2026

Tournament! - Part 1

 The tournament was a little crazy this year! The weather was crazy: rain, hail, and lightning delays, and the time we spent there was crazy: 10 hours the first day, 8 hours the second!

We drew the short straw and Peanut's first game was at 8am Saturday morning. :P We left Boo home with the little ones so they could all get a little extra sleep.

It was CHILLY and windy, and sprinkling during Peanut's game. They also had a 15 minute lightning delay in the middle of it so we had to go sit in the car until it passed. 

 
They played hard and won!!  

 
We had an half hour break so I warmed up in the car while T and Peanut went down to the car show that was going on. Then Peanut played another game and won again! I didn't get any pictures because I was under the umbrella trying not to get soaked. The kids didn't seem to mind the rain though and their back to back wins put them in the championship!
 
Boo arrived with the little ones at 10:45. They both played at 11. It was kind of weird but their soccer seasons and tournament play both followed the exact same path! They were both undefeated the whole season and then they both ended up losing their first tournament games. :( That knocked them into the losers' brackets.

 
Boo had an umbrella on the sidelines for the kids who were waiting to go in. Thankfully it wasn't pouring, but it was definitely sprinkling. 

 
Thankfully Peaches and Lou's games were right next to each other so I was able to sit at the end of both of their fields and try to switch my attention back and forth between games.  

 
Peaches... 

 
Lou... 

 
I was getting whiplash, haha. Lou got to play goalie again. 

 
And she did great! 

 
"Hi Mommy!" 

 
They played hard but lost. :( The other coach told T that they had been working all week to figure out how to beat us after having played us the week before. Since Lou and Peaches both lost the fast track to victory was out. 

 
They played on the playground between cloudbursts. 

 
And hid in the car when it started coming down too hard. 

 
I think I'm getting out of order with all the pictures but Lou and Peaches both played again at 1 and won, which meant they both had to play the next morning at 8 am. :{ Every year we try to petition to get it to be a one day tournament and not play on Sunday, but once again they didn't listen. :(  
 
I think this is the only picture I got of the 1pm games once Lou was done. The lump on the end is Peanut's friend C, wrapped in our John Deere blanket. He stayed like that for so long I didn't even realize it was a person until quite a while later, haha.
 
 
Peanut had her championship game at 2. They played SO hard!
 
 
And did awesome. 
 
 
 
But didn't pull out the win. 
 

 But second place is awesome and we are so proud of Peanut and how hard she worked this year! She really stepped into a leadership role and led her team well! She also had a blast playing with her friends!

 
I took WAY too many pictures at the tournament so I'll be posting all week. :P 
 
Way to go Peanut!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment