Thursday, April 9, 2026

Grand Prix!

 Grand Prix was a little...small this year. We only had 5 leader cars. Boo was too busy to make one and I guess a lot of other people were too. Peanut made a really cool Star Wars Speeder though! (bottom left)

 
T&T was pretty light as well. Our numbers seem to be up a little this year, but not everyone made a car. Peaches made an adorable unicorn! (top right)

 
The Cubbies did their races, and then it was time for Sparks. T had a conference in the city that day but he left early so he could come back to emcee the races. 

 
Lou was so excited when her car won one of the races! Boo got this picture and said she was yelling to Peaches, "First place!" By the way, she found these black sparkly wrist warmers in the old dance costumes and has been wearing them around everywhere for weeks, haha. 

 
The little cars are too small to activate the place tracker so T has to do it with his hand. 

 
We had a pretty good turnout, but not as good as last year and I bought WAY too much food! Like we didn't even use half of what I bought based off of what we used last year. 

 
Funny girls! 

 
She won another! 

 
So happy!  

 
She came into the kitchen and said, "Mommy! I used to think that these red ribbons were what they gave all the losers but I won two races so now I know they are for REAL!"  

 
Then it was time for the T&T. Peaches was excited to race her car. 

 
It was kind of funny...T and Mr. D spend a lot of time working on the girls' wheels...polishing them and greasing them to make the cars go faster. There was one girl who showed up without a car though so they just threw some stickers on a blank one and let her race that...and she ended up winning the whole thing! I think that took the wind out of their sails after they'd spent so much time working on their girls' cars. :P

 
I went to take a picture of the girls and Boo, S, and J photo bombed them. :) 

 
Lou was having fun watching the big kids with her friends. 

 
Peaches' friend A won a ribbon and Peaches was so happy for her!  

 
She was pretty sad that her unicorn didn't win anything though. :( It was especially hard because her three best friends won the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd ribbons. I thought hers was super cute! 

 
The leader races went quickly since there weren't very many and Peanut won the 2nd place design award!  

 
Here she is with the other leader winners.  

 
Yay Peanut! She painted batteries for her "rocket boosters". So cute! 

 
When we got home Peaches made herself a first place ribbon to make herself feel better. A hard, but necessary lesson that we won't always win everything.  

 
Looking forward to seeing what they come up with next year!  
  


No comments:

Post a Comment