Another advent activity was making our traditional Christmas sugar cookies. I made three batches of dough and then let the girls cut out the shapes they wanted. They had so much fun and did a really good job!
Then once they were all baked I whipped up the frosting and let them get to it!
Noni stopped by to do piano lessons after her mission meeting and got this picture.
And things got quite sticky! You can't see her pants well but they were covered. :P
Towards the end they were giving out on me and I kept at them until we got it all done.
Our table was a sticky floury mess!
We got the cookies all boxed up and then Bug drove with Daddy supervising and the other girls delivered them to the neighbors. I had several happy texts saying how much they brightened the evening and how sweet they were. All that mess was worth bringing some holiday cheer to the neighborhood!
No comments:
Post a Comment