Tuesday, July 19, 2022

VBS! - Part 2

 Noni taught on Tuesday and she had the coolest lesson! She devised a course for the kids to go from...I think Nazareth to Jerusalem? I might have that wrong because Bug took these pictures for me while I was in the kitchen.

 
No sitting and lecturing for 25 minutes in Noni's lessons! She is all about the hands on learning through fun!


 
Peanut made this lion all by herself. I think they had to defeat it before they could pass by. :)

 
Then across the plank and through the tunnel. Definitely a memorable lesson!

 
Here are some pictures Noni sent me later.
 






The kids had "snowball" fights during games everyday! On the hot days they soaked the snowballs in water first!

 
I make every snack a day ahead and then leave last minute assembly for the day of. So while we were serving the jello on Tuesday we were making the Christmas wreaths for Wednesday and Tuesday afternoon when we got home we spent hours making sugar cookies. They are always one of the favorites so I try to do them every year even though they take about six hours to make/bake/frost.

 
Wednesday we served the wreaths...

 
They were a big hit!

 
While those were getting served we assembled Thursday's snack...melted snowmen! This was the cutest snack this year in my opinion!

 
Bug started feeling sick so Noni ended up taking her home. She ended up missing the rest of the week which was a big bummer. :( 
 
Ms. C helped me finish the snowmen.

 
Boo had a lot of fun leading songs and really got the kids into it!

 
Thursday the cookies were served.

 
Noni was the missions leader and every day she got up to explain to the kids about Operation Christmas Child and showed them a short video. They always have the sweetest stories!


Ok last of the pictures tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment