Sunday, August 15, 2021

Nine!

 Our Peanut is 9 years old! 



Peanut is so much fun! She is a joy to have around and so full of life! She was much calmer this year than last in regards to schoolwork. She really took on a lot of responsibility this year. She did not want me to help her with the majority of her subjects. She wanted to do it on her own and she did a great job! A few times she got a little behind in her bookwork before I caught it, but it was nothing major and for the most part she did a great job taking on a more self-sufficient role. That will be especially helpful next year as Peaches starts Kindergarten. 

Peanut is a little social butterfly. She loves going to church or anywhere where her friends are going to be! She has 4 "best" friends and gets along well with everybody! Well...everybody except her biggest sister. Haha. I tell them that they butt heads the most because they are the most alike but they aren't too happy about that. :P 

Peanut has really gotten into puzzles this year! She rearranged her room so that we could fit a card table in there and she has a puzzle going constantly. Just like her Noni. :) 

It was a bummer that dance was cancelled this year, but she did amazing in Awana and got her book award! I wasn't sure how she would do going into T&T with all the older kids but she did wonderfully! She was also able to do Volleyball through the local rec center and had a lot of fun...mostly because she was there with her friends. I don't know that the actual sport was the highlight. Haha. 

Peanut is still our nature girl and loves to be outside. She is always finding things and can spend a lot of time outside just wandering around. She loves rocks and is always bringing them home from one place or another. When I was unpacking her stuff from sleep-away camp I found several small rocks and then one huge one bigger than a softball. :P Speaking of camp...she went and had an amazing time! She was a little nervous and I was worried that we would have a repeat of last year, but when we got there she jumped right in with her friends! 

She is a wonderful big sister to Peaches and Lou and plays with them often. She can also don the role of pesky little sister with the big girls, but for the most part they play sweetly. ;) 

She loves to do crafts and is always creating something. Painting, string art, and making bracelets are three of her favorites right now.

Here is her birthday interview:

1. Favorite color: coral
2. Favorite toy: Lego Dots
3. Favorite fruit: watermelon
4. Favorite TV show: Brain Child
5. Favorite lunch: sandwiches
6. Favorite outfit: this one
7. Favorite game: tag
8. Favorite snack: cereal
9. Favorite animal: Elephants and cats
10. Favorite song: Lord Reign in Me
11. Favorite book: Mysterious Benedict Society
12. Your best friend: Jesus, S, B, M, and L
13. Favorite Cereal: Lucky Charms, Cap'n Crunch, Resese Puffs
14. Favorite thing to do outside: play with Jax
15. Favorite drink: hot chocolate
16. Favorite holiday: Thanksgiving and Easter
17. Favorite breakfast: Blueberry scones or biscuit cinnamon rolls
18. What do you like to take to bed: Tes
19. What do you want to be when you grow up: a gemologist
 20. What do you want for your birthday dinner? pbj, tear and share pizza rolls

Dear Peanut, 

You are growing up so fast for this Mama! Some days I wish time would slow down, but I am also so happy to watch you growing into the little lady that God created you to be. You are amazing, fun, spunky, and full of joy! 

I love how you love nature and are always exclaiming over the way God made things. You are bright, and observant and I am looking forward to seeing how He uses those interests in your life. I also love to watch you draw and create. Your mind is always working. You are so creative!

You are such a fun part of our family. We are thankful for the smiles and laughter that you bring! Thanks for being our amazing little peanut! Keep seeking the Lord and growing in Him. Keep hiding His word in your heart and being open to new experiences. I love you more than I could ever say!

Love, Mommy



No comments:

Post a Comment