Monday, July 26, 2021

Lake Days

 We were so excited when it was finally time for lake days again!! They are some of our best days of summer! This year was even better because now that Lou is almost three she doesn't require hands-on supervision at the lake. With her life jacket on I can actually let her get a few yards away from me without worrying about her dumping herself in the lake. It also really helps that we got a life jacket that doesn't slip off!

 
I'm always freshly amazed at how beautiful it is down there!
 
 
The girls put their kayak Christmas gifts to good use! The two kayaks pretty much have someone on them the entire time we are there.
 

 
We can stay down there for hours, swimming, kayaking, and playing in the sand.


 
Bug is often the gondolier for the littles. :)

 
We also figured out they could use the kayaks for paddleboards! Probably not as sturdy as the real thing, but they make it work!


 
Happy girls!





 
It took me a minute to realize Boo was purposely recreating one of the pictures on our wall. :) 


 
I'm pretty sure she's never seen anyone do this...no idea where it came from. :P


 
I couldn't ever really get a good video but she was counting down, jumping in and cheering "Yay me!" She was also saying, "I jump in da bath!" And kept calling the lake or pool the bath for weeks.
 


 Water baby!

 

The first day we took the kayaks Peaches sadly said, "I don't know how to do that." I put her on it, showed her how to hold the paddle, and off she went. This is the slowest she's gone since. Now she hops on and darts off like a bullet!

 
We have fun when we're on our own but the best part of lake days is when the friends come! We usually end up with at least 3-4 families and the girls love it! 
 
 
 We LOVE lake days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment