Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Siding is UP!

 It was SO exciting to watch the last of the siding go up. Grandma and Grandpa came over one Saturday and we whipped this North side out really fast. They were nailing up the siding faster than I could get it cut.


We had been trying to figure out a way to get the new vanities upstairs as they were very large and almost 400 pounds each. Grandpa devised a clever ramp and pulley system! We also used it to put all the heavy bales of insulation upstairs.
 

Grandpa had the girls helping him and pretending they were pirates, "Heave! Ho!" They loved it!


The vanities were still really heavy but they made it up without any issues!

 
The next weekend Grandpa helped us put up the last of the siding! The dormer was the only thing left and I painted away while they took care of it. 
 
 
Dormer, check!
 

I spent the next FOUR weeks using every free afternoon to paint. Hours and hours of painting every week. Peaches snuck this funny picture of me one day. 


 Thankfully the weather was super nice for all but the last week and I enjoyed the time in the sunshine. I was so thankful for every Indian Summer day!

Here is a small section that took me 45 minutes to turn this... 

...into this.

You can just imagine how long it's taken me to do the rest! But it is worth it! I love the way it all turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment