Peaches is testing out her independence. Her one last baby "thing" looks like it is now in the past. Every night before bed we rock and she drinks milk from a sippy cup, but one night she decided she wanted to do it herself. She went and got herself situated in her little chair and drank her milk on her own.
Sad moment for this Mama. :( But I guess it's good that she no longer wants to be the baby because in less than 5 months she won't be!
And then she started reading books to herself...the next part of our nightly routine. Thankfully since then she will still let me read her books after she's done with her milk.
I just happened to take those pictures the night before she woke up crying hysterically at 5AM. She never does that. I couldn't get her to calm down and I knew she was waking up Boo (whose room is right above hers) so eventually I bought her into bed with us and at about 6 she finally fell back to sleep.
The mystery of why was solved a few hours later when after breakfast I noticed a little bit of goop in her eye. I wiped it off and a few minutes later there was a bigger blob. It just kept coming so T called and made her an appointment with one of his PA's.
Yep. It was pink eye. The only places we had been in the last 10 days were church and Chuck E. Cheese and since we don't know of anyone at church having it I'm assuming it was the mouse's petri dish. :P Although it seemed super clean and we washed our hands at least four times while we were there. Still with all those little ones running around I'm sure there are germs aplenty.
At least she was still in a good mood thanks to the sucker they gave her at the dr's office. :)
Putting eye drops in a 2 year old's eye 4 times a day for 7 days was definitely not fun. Daddy could do it by himself, but I had to have Boo put the drops in for me while I held her down and pried her eyes open each time...oh I forgot to mention...the next day her left eye started doing the same thing so we had to do both eyes. :P
Phew. I hope we don't have to go through that again anytime soon! But miracle of miracles no one else came down with it even though it's extremely contagious! Praise the Lord!
No comments:
Post a Comment