So I already mentioned all the sickness going on around our household...strep throat, ear infections, etc. Peanut had been sick for weeks and just couldn't seem to shake it. She would have a snotty nose and cough, and be really tired and down one day and then seem to get better. Then she would go down again. Bug (and Boo up until two weeks ago) had been surprisingly healthy all winter and I thought she was going to escape all together.
Our doctor warned us that K&A might come down with it since strep throat is really contagious, but they seemed fine on Sunday so we sent Boo with her amoxicillin and headed to Arizona with high hopes that the other two would be just fine. Unfortunately those hopes were just pipe dreams.
Bug came down with everything on Monday. Noni said she spent the day on the couch and napping which is SO unlike her! She never naps during the day. Somehow she managed to get better without any antibiotics...the only one of us.
Peanut went down on Tuesday with terrible ear pain about 4:30pm. T was able to call the clinic and even though they were closing up for the day the doctor there agreed to wait for them so Noni and Papa packed up all the kids and rushed her to the clinic where she was diagnosed with ear infections. The doctor thinks that she had the strep virus, it just didn't go to her throat.
I felt so bad that Noni and Papa had to deal with all this while we were in Arizona! They had to go get her prescription filled and then deal with an obstinate four year old who did not want to take her medicine! Then poor Noni got hit hard on Wednesday! Good grief! We landed, got our bags, and ran to their house to pick up the kids. She was so sick I don't know if she even knew we were there. She had to go to the doctor the next day and tested positive for strep as well.
Wow. They had plans to do a bunch of fun things while we were gone and this was definitely not the fun time we were hoping they would all have!
Noni sent a couple of pictures. This was Tuesday before Peanut's ear started hurting. They went up to the library so the girls could get online and attend their class connects.
Peanut got to play on the computer while they worked.
And during all this mess while we were gone the girls told me they had FIVE baby lambs born! And one of them got rejected and had to be brought in the house before it froze to death in the ice and snow.
T snagged this picture when we picked up the girls. She looks really big but she was actually so tiny! She looked to be about the same size as our little Cocoa! So cute.
The day after we got back from Phoenix I started getting some major sinus pressure. I still think we had two things going on...strep throat and a bad cold. T, A, and E had the cold and I think that's what I started to get once we got back. Whatever it is I hope we are DONE. I am sooooo tired of everyone being sick. It is has been a very frustrating couple of months of one illness after another. I really hope the little ones are building themselves some good immune systems and we don't have another winter like this! And once again, Noni and Papa, we are SO sorry for leaving you with such a sickie mess of girls and exposing you to all our bad germs!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment