Thursday, November 10, 2016

Pumpkins

This year I thought it would be a good idea to paint pumpkins. Since I was recovering from surgery and T was finishing up a class we didn't have the combined time/ability to carve 6 pumpkins. Because as much as we like to convince ourselves otherwise from year to year, we always end up doing 95% of the work when carving pumpkins. And it always takes hours and hours. 

Painting definitely did take less time, but I was not prepared for the mayhem it would cause. I did not realize that Bug apparently had a plan for pumpkin carving, and once she gets something in her head is HAS to be completed. When I told her we were painting, not carving, I crushed her to the very core. 

It was one of those difficult now-I-have-to-stick-to-my-guns parenting moments because of the severity of the...reaction...so Peanut and Boo were the only ones that ended up painting. 

Daddy sat at the computer, typing away on an 8 page paper and Boo and Peanut painted away.


I had seen cute painting ideas on Pinterest. One of them was a donut. I bought Peanut a small pumpkin so she could attempt to recreate it. 


She had a grand old time painting away. 


There was a LOT of paint on those pumpkins. Haha :) They were still wet in spots the next morning.
W weren't able to get back to our pumpkin making until Halloween day. By then Bug got on board with the felt part of the pumpkins. Her pumpkin (that she won at pumpkin bingo) stayed orange. 


Boo did a teal and gray pumpkin. Peanut did her donut and a yellow pumpkin. We grew the gray, teal, and yellow ones in our garden! Two of them didn't ripen to orange all the way but with the paint you couldn't tell.


I helped cut out felt and draw on it...Buggy wanted to take some pictures. :)


 
After lots of drawing, cutting, and hot gluing we had some pretty cute pumpkins!


I was surprised at how many compliments we got on them! Lots of people liked them. Not sure if they were worth the battle, but I did like the finished product. We'll see what happens next year...haha :)

1 comment:

  1. Those are great- so cute! the girls are growing so fast!

    ReplyDelete